Markers included are: Haemoglobin, Red Blood Cells (RBC), Mean Corpuscular Volume (MCV), Mean Cell Haemoglobin (MCH), Monocytes, Basophils, Platelet Count, White Blood Cells (WBC), Neutrophils, Lymphocytes, Red Cell Distribution (RDW), Eosinophils, Hematocrit.
Sample: Whole Blood Finger Prick.
Reporting Time: 2-3 Working Days.
1. Do your test Monday to Friday and make sure you post it the same day. We recommend mornings.
2. Drink a glass of water before to ensure you are well hydrated.
3. Make sure your hand is really nice and hot; the best time to do it is after a hot shower. Alternatively, make sure you soak it in hot water for a couple of minutes. You should aim to minimise the time between warming your hand and using the lancet, the heat will increase the blood flow and make the process easier.
4. Collecting your sample should take under five minutes. if the flow stops or if you're struggling to fill the tube to the required level, it is important that you re-pierce with a spare lancet.
5. make sure you don't squeese your finger on the actual piercing.
6. Invert the tube gently ten times after filling it. Do not shake aggressively.
We aim to process and ship orders same day where possible. Please note all orders received after 3.30 pm on a Monday to Thursday will be processed and sent out the next working day.
Friday orders after 3.30pm will be shipped on the following Monday. For next day courier delivery orders must be received by 1.00pm.
For orders placed on Friday before 1.00pm requiring a next day courier you have 2 options; Next Day Saturday which incurs a premium charge or Next Day Standard which will be delivered on the following Monday.
Orders placed after 1.00pm via the courier option will be processed on Monday for Tuesday delivery.
Please note we do not process orders on Saturdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays.
1. Remove the cap from the tube and stand up in holder
2. Soak your hands in hot water for 2 minutes and dry them well.
3. Prepare the plaster and have a clean tissue ready
1. Clean the little finger from your non dominant hand with the alcohol swab and let it dry.
2. The best place to use the lancet is on the outer centre of your finger as shown.
1.The lancet is spring loaded and works when pressed firmly against the skin. You won't see a needle.
2.Twist off the lancet top.
3.Stand up and lay your hand down on the table
4.Press the lancet firmly down on your finger
5.Wipe away the first drop of blood with a tissue
1. Massage down your hand firmly, starting from the palm, all the way to the end of your finger making sure not to squeeze around the piercing.
2. If the flow stops at anytime, you will need to re-pierce the same finger with a spare lancet.
1. Make sure you fill the tube above the top line.
2. Push the cap on until it clicks, and gently invert the tube 10 times but do not shake.
3. Apply the plaster.
1.Complete the label with your information and apply to the tube as shown.
2.Secure the tube in the protective plastic casing.
3.Complete the return form.
4.Refer to the checklist below and make sure you have included everything in the freepost envelope.
5.Seal the envelope and post the same day into any postbox.
The kit itself is divided into 3 logical sections to help guide you through the sample collection process.
Each kit contains everything you need to perform the simple home finger-prick blood test:
1x Sample collection tube
1x Alcohol swab
1x Moist wipe
3x Spring loaded lancets
1x Plastic protective casing
1x Return form
1x Return envelope